Friday, 2 September 2011

A New Blog

One of the best and most exciting parts of my family history journey has not been into the past, but into the present - finding "lost" cousins.  It is such a buzz to find a cousin, particularly when you hit it off - even if you don't, you usually find out a little bit of information that's useful!  So, with this in mind, I have started a new blog - The Cousin Hunter.

Some of my motivation is purely selfish - to help me find my own cousins.  As I explain (quite badly, I fear) in my opening post, I am slowly getting to grips with what the search engines like - and they like Blogger.  So, if I mention the names of the families I am looking for, they rank highly with the search engines and so I am visible to cousins who might be looking for me.

I would also like the new blog to act as a resource eventually, with advice and perhaps a message board or forum.  However, it is early days and for now it is just a few pages of mainly personal information.  I hope it will progress though, particularly the "Successfully Found" page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com